Cats like boxes

November 2, 2016 at 4:25 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment




Odd news from around the world

Man chopped off his big toe with bolt cutters and ATE it in front of stunned shoppers: “A man chopped off his big toe and ate it in front of stunned shoppers. The incident happened at Wilkinson’s Haymarket store in Sheffield on Sunday morning. The man was said to have used bolt cutters from the electrical aisle to chop off his toe. An eyewitness said he stood in front of people and began to eat his own body part. Emergency services were called to the scene and the man was taken to hospital to be treated for his injuries. A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said: ‘Emergency services were called to a shop in Haymarket, Sheffield, at around 11.10am on Sunday, October 30 following reports of concern for a man inside the premises. ‘Upon officer arrival, the man was taken to hospital with injuries to his foot, where he remains. The incident is not being investigated as a crime.'”

Tired of Counting Piles of Cash, Venezuelans Start Weighing Them: “At a delicatessen counter in eastern Caracas, Humberto Gonzalez removes slices of salty white cheese from his scale and replaces them with a stack of bolivar notes handed over by his customer. The currency is so devalued and each purchase requires so many bills that instead of counting, he weighs them. “It’s sad,” Gonzalez says. “At this point, I think the cheese is worth more.” It’s also one of the clearest signs yet that hyperinflation could be taking hold in a country that refuses to publish consumer-price data on a regular basis. Cash-weighing isn’t seen everywhere but is increasing, echoing scenes from some of the past century’s most-chaotic hyperinflation episodes: Post-World War I Germany, Yugoslavia in the 1990s and Zimbabwe a decade ago. Once one of the world’s strongest currencies, the bolivar has been reduced to a nuisance. Basic purchases require hundreds of bills”

A female patient passes wind in surgery and her fart ignites the laser being used: “A PATIENT who passed gas during an operation was badly burned when the fart ignited a laser being used in the surgery, a hospital report states. The unnamed woman, aged in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at Tokyo Medical University Hospital which involved a laser being applied to her cervix. As the surgery was being carried out in the Shinjuku Ward she passed wind — sparking the fire, Japanese newspaper The Asahi Shimbun reports. “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report stated.

Man, 50, ‘got hepatitis from energy drinks’: “Doctors have warned of the dangers of drinking too many energy drinks, after a middle-aged man who consumed five bottles a day developed acute hepatitis. Experts issued the warning after their patient, a 50-year-old male, was admitted to hospital with severe liver damage. The man, who has not been named by his doctors, said he had developed anorexia and worsening abdominal pain after he started drinking four to five cans of energy drinks every day to stay awake at work. He originally thought his symptoms were down to flu, but he became alarmed when he developed jaundice – a yellowing of the skin. The doctors said the most likely cause of his hepatitis was overdose of vitamin B3, known as niacin, which is found in high concentrations in energy drinks. They wrote: ‘Each bottle of his energy drink contained 40 mg of niacin, or 200 per cent of the recommended daily value and he consumed four to five bottles daily for more than 21 days straight.’”

Mother, 59, paralysed by back pain is cured by 20mile hikes wearing just a swimsuit: “A mother who was inspired by a near-death experience to get ‘body confident’ and go on 20-mile hikes in just a bikini and boots is facing a backlash from other women. Ann Wheeler, from Clayton-le-Woods, Lancashire, suffers from Cauda Equina syndrome – a rare spinal condition that can cause paralysis. The 59-year-old claims that the post-op experience motivated her to take up walking and wild swimming as natural pain management as she believes it is as strong as traditional painkillers. However, since taking up hiking, Ann has encountered criticism online with some wives ordering their husbands to steer clear of her. ‘I took a week off work and was due to hike with some male walkers from Essex but they said they couldn’t because their wives had got wind of it. The exercise has also helped Ann lose weight and she has gone from a size 16 to a slinky size 12.

And don’t forget to catch up with all the Strange Justice before you go.


Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: